Coming Soon Pack 1
Have an important event coming up? Big website launch coming? Well we've got just the thing for you. Our Coming Soon Pack contains 3 pre-styled landing pages for upcoming events or announcements.
Setup doesn't get much easier than this: choose the style you like (we've packaged 3 great-looking layouts), add your own images or logos, drop your event date into the included Countdown Clock 2.0 widget, and publish!
- Compatibility: Muse 2015.1 or newer
- Current Version: 1.0
- Download the Adobe Muse website package (.zip). Extract the contents to a folder on your computer.
- Open the .Muse file. In the assets panel on the right, linked assets (images / icons) are displayed as missing. You can relink the files by selecting a file displayed as missing, right clicking it and selecting “relink asset."
- Navigate to the assets folder that was extracted from the theme's .zip file, and select the item displayed in the menu bar to relink it.
- All of the other assets that are missing (and are located in that subfolder) will be automatically relinked.
- Repeat these steps as needed for additional subfolders.
Customizing The Theme To Make It Your Own
Every single element within any theme from MuseThemes is fully customizable. The extent of customization is up to you. Here are some tips for customizing your theme:
- Logos. Most themes are created with a logo of some type. Sometimes the logo is created in design software such as Adobe Illustrator (these will appear as images: png, svg, etc.). Other times the logo will be text-based and made in Muse with the Type tool.
- Logos displayed as images can be simply deleted and replaced. You can also right-click a logo, and select "Replace Image" if you have an image-based logo ready to go.
- Logos that are text-based are simple. Just highlight the logo text and type in your own logo name to replace the theme logo.
- Menus / Site Navigation. Most themes have site navigation built into the master page or individual page(s). This navigation can be made using simple text created with the type tool, or with the horizontal or vertical menu options found in the Muse Widgets Library.
- Text-based navigation created with the type tool can be easily update by replacing the text (if needed), then linking the text to the correct page using the "Hyperlink" function in the top menu in Muse Design mode.
- Navigation made with the Menu widget is also easy to customize. If you wish to edit page names within the menu, simply go to Plan view in Muse, and change the page name of any pages you would like to retitle. This automatically updates the page names in the menu, everywhere a menu is found. Note that page names cannot be effectively updated directly in a Menu widget.
- Occasionally, site navigation is made using images or icons. If this is the case, you can simply select the image, and use the "Hyperlinks" function to relink. Images can also be replaced by right-clicking the image, then selecting "Replace Image."
- Images. Our themes are generally filled with many images. These images are built into the theme to demonstrate how a site will look when finished. We use a variety of sources for our images, and most of the time, cannot redistribute the images due to licensing terms. To double check whether the demonstration images can be used in your site, take a look in the assets folder and see if the images are there. If they are, you can re-use images if you like. Otherwise, the images are unavailable for use. All images placed within the theme design are for placeholder only (FPO). If a theme contains images that aren't included in the assets folder, the images may be seen properly when working in Design mode, or when previewed; though these images must be replaced before publishing your site. To replace an image in any theme, simply right-click the image, and select "Replace Image" or "Replace Background Image."
- Widgets. There are often MuseThemes widgets used and included in our themes. Our widgets are updated frequently. You may find that the widgets that are packaged in themes may not be the newest version. If you find any functionality issues with an included widget, please let us know!
- One-Page Themes. Our many one-page themes are also very easy to update. These themes use Scroll Anchors in the page navigation so it is important to check your anchor locations before publishing. This will ensure that the site navigation is scrolling to the correct point in your customized site; section sizes or content areas have changed.
Our themes range in difficulty from easy to expert. If you're having trouble customizing any theme, please send a note to our support team. We'd be happy to help!
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links
Forum Link: http://forum.musethemes.com/forums/templates.4/