Our Age Verification widget is purpose built to offer websites access restriction based on birthdate. This widget is perfect for sites containing content that isn't potentially suitable for underage individuals.
This simple widget displays a message overlay which appears on the first load of a site or individual page. You control the minimum age setting, along with message text and styling.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.1
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Mobile, Tablet
- 1.1: Improved language support by adding custom fields for month names, added month/day/year ordering option in addition to day/month/year, fixed bug causing link issues after verification is passed (12/02/2016)
- 1.0: Initial Release
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- The widget can be placed off canvas and out of the way.
- This widget is functional immediately. An overlay will appear on preview or publishing of any page where this widget is used.
- In most cases, users will likely want to use the widget on the master page. That way, no matter what page a site visitor lands on, they will see the age verification when arriving on the site.
- Set the "Minimum Age Required For Entry" field to any age you like.
- Redirect & Session Settings section:
- The Redirect option allows the widget to redirect to a new page when the site visitor passes verification. This is useful if you would like to have a landing page that redirects to the home page of your site.
- The Session Storage option has 3 settings:
- Temporary: This setting resets the verification each time a visitor closes a browsing session. So on each visit to the site, the age verification will appear.
- Permanent: Once verification is passed, it will be stored by the browser and the verification will not appear again.
- Custom: This setting allows the verification to be maintained for a defined number of days.
- Modal Setup section: This section provides options for the fullscreen overlay, as well as the "Verification Box" which appears above the overlay. Each have unique settings: color, opacity, etc.
- Image Setup section: This section allows an image to be added to the age verification modal. This is ideal for using a logo to maintain branding and image. An Alt Tag field is provided for SEO purposes, along with image sizing and padding from content below. Note that while only an image width option is provided, this setting also controls height since the width x height proportions are maintained by the widget.
- Content Styling section: This section provides control over the text seen in each element of the age verification modal, as well as font sizes, color, and more.
- Button Styling section: This section provides styling control of the "Submit" button. Customize color, opacity, hover states, and more.
The font setting in the Content Styling section controls the font for the entire modal, aside from the invalid entry error messages, which use a predefined color and font.
The dropdown function seen for day, month and year settings are built-in functions of a web browser, and may appear differently based on the browser in use, as well as the operating system. We suggest viewing your overlay in a variety of browsers to ensure that the text color within the dropdown is visible against the dropdown background in all browsers
Commonly Asked Questions
No. We use local storage, which does not need to send or receive cookies.
Do I need to place this widget on every page of my site?
If your entire site requires age verification, it is best to place the widget on the master page.
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links