Cookiebot Cookie Compliance
Our Cookiebot Cookie Compliance widget allows your site to be compliant with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws and ePrivacy Directive (ePR) for cookies and online tracking.
Even if you are based outside of the EU, it is important to comply with GDPR laws if you have site visitors based in the EU. This simple integration widget makes compliance easy.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.0
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
Setup at Cookiebot.com
Note: Cookiebot.com is not affiliated with MuseThemes, and is used as a third-party service integration for our Like Button widget. The instructions provided below are subject to change, or appear different, if any changes are made on Cookiebot.com website.
- Go to Cookiebot.com.
- If you have an account, log in now. If you don't yet have an account, click the "Try for free" link.
- When signing up, you will enter your email address and a password. When you click Next, Cookiebot will send you an email.
- Copy the Registration ID in the email.
- Click the link to activate your account.
- The Registation ID is the same as the Domain Group ID used in the widget option panel. More on this later.
- Before leaving Cookiebot.com, click on Settings.
- You will need to enter your domain name. The domain entered will display the cookie compliance notification.
- Keep in mind that the site will need to be published in order to see the notification. If your site is not yet published, but you know the domain name, enter it now. The "http://" and "index.html" are not needed.
- Click Save.
- Click the Dialog tab.
- Use the "Template" dropdown to select a notification template style. There are options for showing the notification at the top or bottom, along with several transition styles.
Setup in Muse
- Place the widget into your site. In most cases this will be on your master page, so that the notification appears no matter what page your site visitor lands on.
- Place the widget off canvas.
- Paste the Registration ID that you copied from your registration email into the Domain Group ID.
- That's it for setup!
Previewing Your Notification
Here are some things to keep in mind with previewing your Cookiebot notification:
- Your site must be published in order to see the notification. Previewing in browser will not work to display the notification.
- If you're adding Cookiebot to a previsouly published site, use the "Only Modified Files" option when you publish.
- Once your site is published, you will see the Cookiebot notification.
- Be careful about accepting the notification! If you're testing the notification, or the placement, do not click OK yet. Once you click OK, the notification will not return.
- This is a good time to check notification templates. At Cookiebot.com, go to Settings > Dialog. Use the Template dropdown to select a template. Click Save. Now return to your website and refresh the page to see the changes in notification template. Repeat this process as needed, and make sure not to click OK until you are done testing.
Alternate Methods of Acquiring your Domain Group ID
The Registration ID found in your registration email from Cookiebot.com is the same as your Domain Group ID. If you've misplaced this email, there is another place to find it:
- Go to Cookiebot.com.
- Navigate to: Settings > Your Scripts tab > then copy the string of characters as seen in the image below:
Commonly Asked Questions
No commonly asked questions
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links