Use this tool to control the image, title, description and category that Facebook generates when posting a link to your site. With numerous options for controlling what you share, your message will come through loud and clear.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.0
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.1: Fixed loading error with photo album images
- 1.0: Adds collapsible panel functionality and support for responsive Muse
- L11.4: Optimized padding and added Full support for multiple instances on all browsers (01/07/2016)
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- Place the widget anywhere you like in Design mode. We suggest placing it out of the way off canvas.
- Select the preview image you would like to be displayed in Facebook posts. Use the Add File link to load the image.
- Enter the appropriate info into the Site URL, Site Name, and Description fields.
- Select the appropriate type of link.
- Once the above settings have been filled in, publish your website (previewing in browser won't work)
- Go to facebook.com.
- In the new message post window, paste the URL for your website.
- If you see an incorrect or outdated site preview, visit the link provided in the widget option panel: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/. Enter your site URL in this tool and click "Debug". This will clear Facebook's cache. That should clear the older or incorrect link information. You can now check the preview for your site in a new message post window.
Commonly Asked Questions
No commonly asked questions
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links