Flickr Photo Gallery
Our Flickr Gallery makes integrating and showing off your Flickr photo collection quick and easy. As perhaps the top photo-hosting option on the web, Flickr makes a fantastic backend/CMS for managing photos. Backend updates turn into realtime results on your Muse site.
We've built two primary display modes into the widget - a fullscreen slideshow, and a thumbnail gallery with lightbox image previews. Regardless of display mode, you will find a host of great customization options ready at your fingertips!
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.2
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.2: Updated for improved support on secure https websites (12/09/2016)
- 1.1: Fixed issues with gallery height not pushing content down (03/11/2016)
- 1.0: Adds collapsible panel functionality and support for responsive Muse
- L11.3: Upgraded widget to support albums, fixed bug limiting some users to 20 images (09/23/2015)
- If you don't already have an account at Flickr, you will need to register and add content before proceeding with the widget setup.
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- You will need your Flickr user ID. This is different from your Flickr user name. The easiest way to get your user ID is to use the tool at www.idGettr.com (there is a link in the widget option panel). Go to your main profile page at Flickr.com and copy the URL in the address bar of your browser. The URL should end with the user name you created. Simply paste the URL into the the idGettr tool, and it will give you your user ID. Now copy and paste the user ID into the Flickr widget.
- Some users prefer to use the widget to display specific Flickr albums. To display an album, you will need the album ID. Simply navigate to the album of choice at Flickr.com and open to view it (you don't need to be logged in). Note the numbers at the end of the URL. This is your album ID. Your album URL should look something like this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/yourusername/albums/12345678912345678. In this case, "12345678912345678" would be your album ID.
- If you would like your gallery to be full width, select the widget then set the resize option to "Stretch to browser width". The gallery is responsive and will shuffle images to respond to screen or browser size.
- For fixed-width galleries, use the widget container to set the size of the gallery.
- There are two primary display modes:
- Thumbnails + Lightbox: This is the standard gallery style layout.
- Fullscreen Slider: This mode displays your images full width, in a slideshow format. The two options below - Pagination and Transition Style, apply to this display mode only. If using this mode, please ensure you have the widget container set to 100% width.
- The final Gallery Styling section includes all styling parameters: thumbnail size, padding, overlay, filter settings, and more.
Commonly Asked Questions
How many images can I display in my gallery?
A whole lot! 500, in fact.
Why are my images out of order?
Our widget actually makes no changes to the ordering. In other words, the order set be Flickr is the order your images will be displayed using our widget.
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links