Looking for an Ecommerce solution for Muse that let's you retain total styling control? Snipcart is the solution. Our widget uses your own buttons to give you 100% custom styling. This makes allows for an incredibly seamless storefront, and a consistent feel across your entire site.
Our Snipcart widget also allows you to place a persistent shopping cart on your site within seconds. Products details are actually set up right in Muse, and are automatically linked to the cart system. Manage your store from any web browser, any time, using the Snipcart website to track payments, inventory, customer info, and more.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.1
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.1: Adds item options (e.g. small, medium, large), checkboxes, and custom commenting to Add Item widget. Also adds Subscription widget to enable recurring payments (10/21/2016)
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- You've probably noticed that we've included buttons with the widget: 3 orange buttons and 1 gray button. The gray "Add To Cart" button is made to look a little different because that button is actually a widget with product and styling options. All of the orange buttons are simple buttons made from State Buttons and have graphic styles already applied, which are matched to the product panels. You can use these buttons and modify them as needed.
- Design the included Login, Logout, and View Cart buttons as you like, or create new ones.
- Use the styling options in the Add To Cart button widget panel to style the button as you like. This widget will be placed where you like, similarly to the other buttons.
- Apply graphic styles to the buttons if you've created new buttons. Define the graphic style in the corresponding widget. For example, if you apply a graphic style of "cart" to your view cart button, enter "cart" in your View Cart widget.
- Design your store however you like. Place the Add Item and View Cart buttons appropriately.
- If you wish to have a persistent cart across your entire site, or a portion of your site, place the cart button, along with the Snipcart Master widget on the master page that is assigned to your entire site or product pages. Make sure that the Snipcart Master widget is on any page with products as well as the master (copy and paste as needed, ensuring that the Snipcart API is entered into every instance)
- The Login and Logout option is not required for completing sales, though it is handy for sites that have repeat customers, or simply want their users to have accounts. Place Login and Logout buttons where you like. Logout buttons stay hidden until a user is signed in.
- Create an account with Snipcart, if you haven't already.
- Navigate to your Snipcart account area, then click "API Keys" to get your test API key. Copy the key you see, then paste it in the Snipcart Master widget.
- At this point, you can preview your site in browser to see the store functioning.
- In the Snipcart Master widget, apply all font and color styling needed to suit your site design. Preview your site and add an item to your cart to see the font and color changes.
- Open the Add To Cart widget options to set up your products.
- Item Name and Item ID: You can enter whatever Item name and Item ID you like.
- My URL: Enter the URL for the page that your product will be placed on. It should like something like "http://saraspopsicles.com/wildcherry/index.html". If your entire site is on a single page, or the store is all on one page, enter only the domain name (something like "http://saraspopsicles.com").
- Enter price and description as well.
- All product information is entered in Muse, within the widget - NOT on the Snipcart site. To pull your product information into the Snipcart backend, use the "Fetch Products" button in the Products section of the main dashboard menu. Use your Snipcart account "backend" to manage inventory, orders, payments, customers, shipping, etc.
When your store is ready to go live, you will need to transition from Test Mode to Live Mode in the Snipcart Dashboard. After setting up a payment gateway and entering all needed information, Snipcart will generate a new Live API Key. This new Live API Key will need to then be pasted into the Snipcart widget in Muse. Read more about going live here: http://docs.snipcart.com/testing/going-live
Commonly Asked Questions
How do I enter my products on the Snipcart site?
This widget works differently than most Ecommerce widgets. You actually enter your product information in Muse, then fetch products in the Snipcart backend to pull all of your products into your Snipcart Inventory. Pretty cool!
Why does the "Add To Cart" button look different from the other [orange] buttons?
The Add To Cart button is actually a widget AND a button. Open the option panel to enter product info and style the button. The other buttons (Login, Logout, and View Cart) are all custom buttons. You can use the provided buttons or make your own.
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links