Timeline is a powerful widget designed to show events on a stylish, interactive horizontal timeline. The appealing interface features fluid transitions, simple navigation, and resizes responsively across all screens.
Events and data are entered with a simple Google Docs spreadsheet that is easy to use (even for those that aren't spreadsheet-savvy). The document is linked to the widget, and allows for realtime updates via the web, without ever opening Muse. Timeline is a great solution for those working with clients who like to create site updates themselves, keeping content fresh and dynamic.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.1
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.1: Updated for multi-language support (06/16/2016)
- This widget uses a spreadsheet to update the Timeline displayed on your site. The spreadsheet is published and maintained separately in Google Docs. As changes are made and pushed live, the Timeline on your site is updated automatically, without needing to open Muse.
- The first step is to set up your spreadsheet. Drag the widget from the library and drop it into your project in Design mode. Open the option panel and click the first link: "Timeline Template Spreadsheet Link." This will open a spreadsheet template in Google Drive.
- The spreadsheet template is already populated with sample content. If you preview your Muse page at this point, Timeline will display properly, showing the sample content. This is a good way to see a sampling of mixed multimedia content such as images, YouTube video, SoundCloud audio, and more.
- To edit the spreadsheet , click the "Use this template" button. You may be asked to sign in to Google. You can now edit every field of the spreadsheet, updating with your own content. For detailed setup information, visit the Timeline Template Spreadsheet Link below. This link is also in the widget option panel.
- Once you have edited the spreadsheet, you will need to publish it in order to see the content in your site's timeline. Go to File > Publish To The Web... This opens a new window. Leave the settings as they are, and click Pubish.
- With the spreadsheet template published, you can now return to Muse and preview or publish your page to view the Timeline populated with your updates.
- Use the Slide and Navigation Settings sections in your widget panel to fine tune the styling and functionality of your Timeline.
- Any future changes or additions to your Timeline should be made directly within the Google Docs spreadsheet. Remember to publish each time, and keep the location of your spreadsheet handy.
Timeline Template Spreadsheet Link
Spreadsheet Setup Info Link
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I link to a specific slide in a timeline?
Yes! Just check the box titled "Enable Slide URL" in the option panel. Then once you publish, you can grab the URL from the specific slide and use it for the link.
What kind of media can I use in the timeline?
Tons of media types are supported. Look here for details.
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links