Videos - Fullscreen Backgrounds
Display a video in the background of your website with the Fullscreen Video Background Widget. Upload .mp4 or .webm videos to create a unique effect behind all of your content and images. This widget is very simple to use and comes equipped with a pattern overlay.
Note: This is a powerful widget that takes control of page positioning, and may conflict with other fullscreen or location-specific elements. We do not recommend combining it with Presentation Panels, Pushy Panes, Fullscreen Thumbnail Gallery, Media Pro, Versa Slide, and scroll effects.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.0
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Mobile, Tablet
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- Place the widget anywhere on the page you like. We suggest placing it out of the way since it's position doesn't affect its function.
- This widget automatically plays video fullscreen. Any elements in Muse Design mode - such as text or images, will appear in front of the video.
- Open the option panel
- Use the Add File links to add .mp4 and .webm files. Most browsers use .mp4 files for video, but you should always add both versions if possible for maximum compatibility across browsers.
- Use the Specify Error Message field to define the text users will see if they are using an outdated browser that doesn't support video backgrounds(uncommon)
- Video Scaling: This setting determines the way the video appears in browser. The Fixed option makes the entire height of the video always conform to the height of the browser window the site is being viewed in. The Scrolling option matches the top of the video to the top of the browser, and the bottom of the video to the bottom of the browser, regardless of the length of the page. The scrolling option is not advised for long pages since it will severely crop the video.
- The Pattern settings allow you top overlay an image over the video. This is useful for videos that are lower in quality since it hides artifacts and pixelation. It also allows you to use smaller file sizes for videos. You should use grid-type images that have transparency, like .png file types.
Commonly Asked Questions
No commonly asked questions
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links