Vimeo Video Gallery
This tool allows you to embed a large Vimeo video gallery into your site by simply entering the channel ID or username, and uses clickable thumbnails and a lightbox to showcase. Display up to 60 videos and take advantage of multiple customization options, including full-width capability.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.1
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.2: Fixed bug that occasionally causes slow page load speeds (06/03/2021)
- 1.1: Option to hide "eye" icon and titles in gallery thumbnails (05/04/2016)
- 1.0: Adds collapsible panel functionality and support for responsive Muse
- L11.7: Improved compatibility on secured website domains (10/29/2015)
- L11.6: Increased maximum number of videos allowed (08/04/2015)
- L11.5: Improved performance on Tablet and Phone site layouts (06/02/2015)
- L11.4: Fixed bug causing Channel, Group, and Album ID's to not work (05/29/2015)
- L11.3: Fixed bug causing multiple instances not to work on the same page (05/19/2015)
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- The placement and sizing of this widget determines where the gallery will appear, as well as it's size.
- For constrained use, size the widget as you would like. Apply 100% width sizing to the widget for a responsive full width format.
- First off, you will need to acquire your Vimeo ID. The process differs based on the type of mode you plan to use. The best way to acquire the Vimeo ID is to go to Vimeo.com and pull up the format you plan to display. This can be a user, channel, group, or album. For example, if you plan to display all of the videos for your user, pull up the user page. You will see a URL similar to this: https://vimeo.com/maxsherman. In this case, the user ID is maxsherman (the last part of the URL).
- Select the input type, and enter the associated ID.
- Thumbnail Section:
- The Thumbnail Settings section allows for control of the number of thumbnails, sizing, overlay, titles, and icons.
- Lightbox / Video Settings Section:
- This section applies to the settings for the lightbox seen once a thumbnail is clicked an the video player is shown.
- Use this section to set the player size, styling, titles, autoplay, looping, and more.
This widget works on mobile devices, however, autoplay typically does not work since phone service providers restrict video that automatically plays in order to conserve data usage.
Commonly Asked Questions
No commonly asked questions
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links