Add a full-featured community forum to your website with the Muut Forum widget. Muut powers hosted discussion forums on millions of websites, and now you can create your own using our simple integration widget.
The Muut Forum widget is fully responsive, and mobile friendly. Managing users, administrators and even moderators is easily handled outside of Muse, on the Muut website.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.0
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.1: Added language selection dropdown (05/12/2017)
- 1.0: Initial release
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- Place the widget where you would like the forum to appear.
- By default, the forum element will take up the entire width of the widget container size. That means that if you set the widget to full browser width, the forum element, including text and images, will span the brwoser from edge to edge. That's why we provide a Margin parameter. Consider these two options when sizing your forum width:
- If you'd like the forum to span the majority of the page width, regardless of browser size, you can set the widget to full browser width. When set to full browser width, you will likely want to use the Margin setting to create space on the left & right of the widget.
- If other elements of your site (like text or images) are confined to a certain width, you can set the Muut widget container width to match the other elements, and keep the Margin setting at zero.
Setting up a Muut Account
- Before moving forward in Muse, you will want to set up an account at www.muut.com
- Click on the Account button in the top menu.
- Create a new account or log in if you have an existing account.
- Proceed through the forum setup process. Customize your forum as you like; the styling settings made here will carry over to Muse automatically using our widget. You can also access all settings after the setup process.
- Once you complete the setup process, open your forum. You will see your forum live in a page right there on the muut.com domain.
- Copy the entire URL in the address bar. It should something look like https://muut.com/your-user-name.
- If you need to make any changes to settings in Muut, go to your account, then click the pencil (edit) icon next to the forum you just created. Options are contained within a sidebar on the left.
- Jump back into Muse Design mode.
- Open the widget option panel.
- Paste the forum URL into the Forum URL field.
- For more information on the Left/Right Margin, refer to the Widget Placement section above.
- Since Muut hosts its own fonts, we are able to offer a list of available fonts.
- In addition to the default fonts, you may also select Google fonts or Typekit fonts. Just make sure that the font you choose is used elsewhere on the page so that it will be loaded properly for use in the widget.
- The remaining options allow for setting colors for various elements within the forum.
Commonly Asked Questions
No commonly asked questions
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links