Add protection to any page in your site with this password widget. Prompt visitors to enter a password on pages with privileged information, such as member areas, VIP zones.
- Widget Compatibility: Highly Compatible (No known issues when combining with other MuseThemes widgets)
- Current Version: 1.0
- Supported Devices: Desktop, Tablet, Phone
- 1.0: Initial release of widget
Password Link Text and Styling
- Drag the widget from the library and drop into your project in Design mode.
- Place the widget where you would like the link message to appear.
- Open the widget option panel.
- There is only one option: Link Text. This is the message your site visitors will see.
- The link text you enter will be updated in the widget container. With the widget selected, you can style the text as you like using the Text panel, just like any other text.
- You may notice that changing the color of the text doesn't seem to work. That's because this text is actually viewed as a hyperlink in Muse. So to change the color of the text, you will need to edit your link styles. Click the orange Hyperlinks text in the top menu. Click the "Edit link styles" button. From here, you can update link appearance and states. This will apply to the Password Protection link text. You can also create an all new link style.
Setting Up your Password Protected Area
- This widget is actually quite simple to set up. Start by deciding on a password.
- Create a new page in Muse Plan View. Name this page with the exact password you thought of.
- While still in Plan View, right-click the page and go to Menu Options. Select "Exclude Page From Menus"
- Open the page in Design Mode and design it as you like.
- Setup is now complete. You can give the password to the people that need it. What the widget is essentially doing is opening a dialog box where it looks as though you're entering a "password"; however, you're just directing the browser manually to a page of the site that is off-menu and unseen. If it is enterered incorrectly, the link will not work, just like a normal password.
Please Note: While this protection will stop most users from accessing your content, experienced web pros could easily find a way to gain access. Do Not use this widget to protect highly sensitive data or information.
Commonly Asked Questions
No commonly asked questions
No known issues or conflicts
Additional Info Links